Lake Oswego School Board Issues
Key School Board Priorities
- District Leadership – Recruit, select and hire a proven leader as our next Superintendent - this is our most important job.
- Fiscal Responsibility – Manage our spending to balance our budget while maintaining our great schools, great teachers and great outcomes.
- Excellent Instruction – Maintain our focus on classroom instruction, successfully implement Common Core standards and engage in continual improvements in our core curriculum and electives.
- School Funding – Ensure passage of the Local Option and work for legislation that improves school funding and stability.
- Enrollment Growth and Balance – Adopt measures to offset our declining enrollment trends and to balance enrollments at our secondary schools. Utilize open enrollment and marketing - both inside and outside of our district and programs that attract and retain families and students.
- Program Innovation and Change – Enhance our Science, Technology, Engineering, Math (STEM) offerings to prepare our students for the evolving job market, and work with our parents and teachers to identify and implement new program offerings that benefit all of our students.
- Infrastructure and Technology Needs – Determine the best use of our district properties and decide whether to ask the community for a bond issue to pay for building repairs and technology upgrades.